Awards & Stuff
All participants will receive:
- A custom printed long sleeve tech running shirt.
- One year FREE membership in the Austin Runners Club (non ARC members only. Non member is defined as a runner not registered in ARC after July 2011.)
- Use of the Austin Fit Magazine Distance Challenge VIP tent found at the finish area of each race. There will be beverages, food, special premiums and other fun stuff.
- Invitation to the Celebration Party in March. Details as to final location, date and time will be posted on this website.
All participants who complete the series (See Rules for details) will receive:
- A custom printed runners jacket
Additionally, trophies will be presented for Overall, Masters and Age Groups in 5-year increments, both Female and Male. Trophies will be presented for both the Full and Half Track Series options. Trophies will be presented at the Celebration Party.
A new set of awards for the 2012-13 series. The HIGHFLYER Award will recognize those runners who have increased their performance since last year. Here’s how it works.
There are two ways to qualify:
•· Complete the Full Track Option if you ran the Half Track Option in the last series.
•· Improve you cumulative time. We take the five races from last year and compare the cumulative results to the same five races this year (IBM Uptown Classic, Run For The Water, Decker Half Marathon, 3M Half Marathon, LIVESTRONG Austin Marathon & Half Marathon).
If you want to qualify based on Distance Challenge Series prior to 2011-12, let me know and we will work hard to figure a good way to compare results.
Awards will be distributed at the March Celebration Party.